As an MHFA, employees with gain:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover by guiding them to
further support, whether self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
- Understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
When delivered FTF the course is delivered over two full days.
The course structure via webinar is 4 x 2-hour live sessions and 4 x self-learning lessons between 1 & 2 hours each.