This First Aid for Mental Health course is divided into two sections and delivered over 2 days face-to-face or 5 x 1.5 hour webinars if done online – Mental Health Awareness (level 2 qualification) and FAMH (also level 2 qualification).
Note, this is different from our normal MHA webinar.
Mental Health Awareness
- Understand mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding how mental ill-health affects the experience of individuals
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
First Aid for Mental Health
The role of the first aider for mental health is to provide basic mental health support or to be the first response to someone in need, usually in the workplace. The first aider for mental health is not clinically qualified to assess, diagnose or treat mental ill-health but they will have the basic tools to listen to individuals who require first response support for their mental health and to signpost them for further support.
The learning outcomes are as follows:
- Understand the principles of first aid for mental health
- Learn how to recognise mental ill-health in self and others
- Understand how to support mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Understanding how to promote a mental wellness culture in the workplace
- Understand the importance of resilience and protection of self for first-aiders for mental health
This qualification will be assessed by two multiple-choice examinations.
This is available as a level 2 qualification from Highfield.